[drats_users] help getting D-RATS working in Darwin Ports

Debbie Fligor
Wed Dec 10 07:26:51 PST 2008

On Dec 4, 2008, at 18:49, Dan Smith wrote:

> The library is there, but the python interface isn't (I'm assuming)
> which means that python claims to be unable to find the library.  Try
> installing the py25-libxml2 package and see if you get farther.

that got me further, but then it failed again:

mobile204-159:d-rats-0.2.8b8 drats$ python d-rats
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:72: GtkWarning: could
not open display
  warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
BeautifulSoup was not found. Geocoders assuming malformed markup will
not work.
simplejson was not found. Geocoders relying on JSON parsing will not
work.
FeedParser not available
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "d-rats", line 37, in <module>
    from d_rats import mainapp
  File "/Users/drats/src/d-rats-0.2.8b8/d_rats/mainapp.py", line 52,
in <module>
    import chatgui
  File "/Users/drats/src/d-rats-0.2.8b8/d_rats/chatgui.py", line 36,
in <module>
    import formgui
  File "/Users/drats/src/d-rats-0.2.8b8/d_rats/formgui.py", line 23,
in <module>
    import libxslt
ImportError: No module named libxslt

With a hint from Dan, I figured out that you have to use this command:

sudo port install -f py25-libxslt

that installs py25-libxml2 and libsxlt (you have to uninstall both
before issuing it)

If you just install py25-limxml2 or py25-libsxlt, the libsxlt doesn't
link in correctly,  you have to use the the force option.

I added the command that worked to the Install section of the wiki for
MacOS.

thanks Dan and the group for the help.  now to start working on
getting py2app working :-)

-----
-debbie
Debbie Fligor, n9dn