[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.9b1

Dave Cooley
Tue Dec 9 21:42:59 PST 2008

Cool.
I don't think you need to do anything on the incoming piece. Having to
create an entry in your address book like N4DIB <davesrfgateway at gmail.com>
is not a big deal and may cut down on spam.

I will be testing the Amber alert email setup tomorrow and let you know how
it works. The ability to tailor actions by account should provide enough
flexibility to accomplish all of this.

Now for my Xmas wish list.

>Enable a "pull" trigger for emails received to a station set up for
incoming forms so that a mobile station can send a ping type request to the
gateway and receive those messages that have been received for them.  This
would allow the mobile user to retrieve emails when in range of a Dstar
gateway system.   (Store and Forward)  This would be possible using call
sign routing from the mobile station (assuming the gateway station has call
sign auto write turned on ).

>Expand the levels for the Map Download utility to download to the street
level (level 17)

> Provide an information field in the static location database.

> Enable a "right click" on a station and access the information field.
Extremely important when accessing information about the capabilities of an
emergency facility.

>Provide for multiple recipients in the mail form (outgoing)

>Establish group send for incoming emails. ( sort of the inverse of above)
distribution list in the windows world

>Provide an audible action when a new message is received.

>Enable logic to automatically play received audio files. (send wav type
files to the sound card) This would allow NWS, EBS, and Amber alerts to be
announced when received.

>The kitchen sink :)

The DRATS community is growing exponentially.

Keep up the great work.

Dave Cooley
N4DIB
Tampa Dstar Club