[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.9b1

Dave Cooley
Tue Dec 9 20:04:05 PST 2008

Hi Dan,
Outstanding Stuff.  Let see if I get this new email capability right!?

1. The selection of whether an incoming email is either directed to a
specific station or sent our in Braodcast (chat) mode is made at the account
level. Correct?

2. The email access function allows the "Gateway Station" to set permissions
by call sign either incoming , outgoing or both. Correct?

3. When an incoming email is received to an account that is set up for
"form" relay, an email form will be generated and sent to the station in the
"to" field of the email if that station is allowed incoming email access.
Correct?

4. Given that the answer to the previous question is yes, incoming mail can
only be relayed as a "form" to a specific station if it is in reply to an
original outgoing message as the "to" header has that stations call sign.
Correct?

5. If I am following this correctly, there is no way to send a "form" email
to a specific station from a regular email client as the "to" field would
only have the account name (i.e. donotreply at danplanet.com) in it and not
KK7DS (donotreply at danplanet.com)

I have not yet had time to test it, but will do so tomorrow. I will let you
know of my findings.

Also thanks for fixxing the tie between the "Connected to Internet" setting
and the email piece.

Great Job!

73
Dave Cooley