[chirp_users] No Download from Kenwood TM-D700a

mark at marwalk.com mark at marwalk.com
Mon Mar 4 17:46:40 PST 2024

Dan, you identified the problem for me. I had the radio in TNC PKT mode,
looked up in the manual how to take it out of that mode and Chirp promptly
populated. It did click my Flex PTT, but as you said, that was momentary
with no ill effect. I was already using the cable I got from BlueMax49ers
made for the TM-D700 so I was fairly sure it was terminated properly for
that radio. I'd even talked by phone with Mark there, who told me about
having to use the legacy Chirp for this radio and that's what's working for
me.

It helps to know what questions to ask, and it's too bad the how-to
documentation is not better than it is. I really appreciate your time.

Thanks!
Mark
AC3EW