[chirp_users] CHIRP - UV-17 Pro GPS (Load Module with issue - 10648) and Settings

Terri Kennedy
Sat Jan 20 14:05:10 PST 2024

On 2024-01-20 15:00, Dr. Herb Sims wrote:
> Program the radio (my program has unique names for the banks).? Verify
> Bank Names made the program.
>
> Go to Radio Settings (3), ANI-Edit (19) and change the ANIC number.?
> Bank Names all revert back to default (Bank 1, Bank 2, ?)
>
> Can anyone else verify this undocumented feature?

   It is a bug in the firmware in the radio. There are a bunch of other
known firmware bugs. My modified CPS provides a 50+ page manual which
includes a section on firmware bugs - look for the section titled
"Known radio firmware issues". You can get my modified CPS from the
miklor.com website.

   Before you ask, there are no public firmware updates. Even the seller
(Global Walkie Talkie Store) can't get them, even just to update their
inventory. Radios ordered before roughly November 2023 came with firm-
ware 1.27, radios ordered since come with Firmware 1.28. The new vers-
ion does not fix any known bugs, it just adds a mysterious "Dis ANI"
menu option and allows changing the Tx power on-the-fly using the "8"
key on the keypad.

--
         Terri Kennedy