[chirp_users] UV-17R Pro GPS - Toggle between Name and Frequency

Jim Unroe
Mon Jan 15 14:02:08 PST 2024

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 3:31 PM Dr. Herb Sims <w.herb.sims at gmail.com> wrote:

> It doesn’t seem to be per channel selection (Channel, Freq, Name).  Once you set that then ALL the memories revert to that selection (Channel, Freq, Name).  Getting closer....
>
> Thanks,
>
> Herb

You are correct. I made an assumption based on the menu group that the
setting was in. It turns out to be global for the active display line
when the setting is changed. Now that I realize that the setting is
actually global, I see that it is supported by CHIRP as a global
setting.

Settings -> Basic Settings -> Channel A display type
Settings -> Basic Settings -> Channel B display type

Sorry for the confusion.