[chirp_users] Icom IC-2100H, Excel spreadsheet, csv files, chirp-next-20240111-win64

Rich NE1EE
Thu Jan 11 12:30:23 PST 2024

On 2024-01-11 13:33:, Dan Smith via chirp_users wrote:
>> I'm not a CHIRP developer, I merely pointed out that they appear to discourage using CSV files, implying that fixing that facility may be a low priority issue for the team...
>
>No, we do not discourage them, and fixing CSV issues is a priority (for me at least) for sure. Jim and others' points are correct that CSV is not *necessary* just to transfer data between different models. CSV may be an unnecessary step if that's all you're using it for.

Your email came through looking like a discussion, and not a solid stream of consciousness. You seem to be using an Apple product. Not sure what the authors of the trashed versions are. gmail? not clear to me. But this says that I /can/ get properly formatted, PLAIN TEXT messages from this list, so I won't bother looking for a way to change my email. Clearly proper newline codes are missing from some messages.

~R~