[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R menu locked

Massimo Nespolo massimo.nespolo at orange.fr
Wed Feb 28 06:25:24 PST 2024

Greetings from France.

When I first got my UV-5R, the channel programming with CHIRP was
performed by a friend, who locked the menu button to prevent a beginner
like me to make any mistake which could have screwed the programming.

Now I would like to unlock the menu, but I cannot figure out how to do
it. I did quite a lot of internet research, but I could only find
duplicate tutorials on how to lock the pad with the key button. That
is not what I am looking for, of course. The menu button is
unresponsive, I would like to unlock it.

Thank you in advance for your help.