[chirp_users] Help with Chirp re Baofeng UV-5R

A Boer aboertus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 11:48:51 PST 2024

Good day, Phil.  I am no super user, but with a quick search, I found a UV-5R on Amazon and it definitely says it has narrow limits for both VHF and UHF.  See attached.  VHF range is only 144Mhz to 148Mhz.  Try programming your radio to, say 146.500Mhz.  According to Amazon's specs, it should be able to tune to that frequency, but not to 169.038.  I have a UV-5RHP and a couple of UV-5R8W's and all of them support VHF frequencies from 136Mhz to 174Mhz and UHF frequencies from 400Mhz to 520Mhz.  Those and many other Baofeng models should get you where you want to be.  Good luck.

Alex Boerner
KJ7CPZ