[chirp_users] Chirp will not install

Rich NE1EE
Fri Oct 20 14:21:36 PDT 2023

On 2023-10-20 14:11:-0700, you wrote:
>> No, Marc, it's not necessicarily a PC issue. We don't know yet, because when he responds he has yet to give us the Type of Windows 10 he is running.
>
>The installer is 32-bit

I run chirp on a variety of new and old systems. I download and unzip the 32-bit package. I never have a problem this way, and I am grateful that the chirp devs have provided this stand alone use of chirp. I changed to chirp_new a while back, and it runs just fine that way, from Windows 7 to 11. Our ARES group needs to update 20 Icom radios in 20 Emergency Op Ctrs. A 3 minute demo of reading from the radio, editing the file, and writing to the radio, as all it took to show how easy it can be.

73 Rich NE1EE
The Dusty Key
On the banks of the Piscataqua