[chirp_users] Chirp will not install

Jim Unroe
Fri Oct 20 11:58:04 PDT 2023

On Fri, Oct 20, 2023 at 1:29 PM Marc <marcptramontana at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was still able to get past the licensing step on my 32bit pc here at the store, it just fails to run after the installation happens saying, "this app can't run on your pc" so if its quitting there, its probably some type of admin, security or antivirus issue I would assume.
>
> 73 To you!
>
> Marc
> KQ4ENX

No. It is not "some type of admin, security or antivirus issue".
CHIRP-next won't run on a 32-bit PC running Windows. Period.

You will either have to upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit or Windows 11, or
fall back to classic CHIRP that was abandoned last December.

Another possibility is to install Ubuntu, Linux Mint or similar to run
live on a USB flash drive, boot up on the flash drive and then install
CHIRP-next. I've done this and it works fine.

Jim