[chirp_users] This is exactly what I'm talking about...

Bruce
Wed Nov 29 23:35:44 PST 2023

First off, I want ALL the user accounts (all me) to be able to access
chirp, If I'm logged in to my GMRS account I want to use chirp to
program THOSE radios, if I'm logged in under my Amateur Call I want
to use chirp THERE to program my Ham Rigs...  And have the associated
data files available THERE...

After reinstalling Py3.9 a couple times I FINALLY got chirp
to install, but not without complaining about the out of date pip util.
So I followed the instruct on how to upgrade that, and v21.3.1 is STILL
being used.  <sigh>  Even though the upgrade to v23.3.1 succeeded.

So I tried the install of chirp under another user and got an
OSError Permission failures, so I 'sodo'd it and THIS is what I got...

C was SO much more straight forward...
WTF is 'testresources' ?!
Tried it in a 'virtual environment' first and we know how THAT worked...
And I *DID* upgrade pip you daffy computer !!!
And WHY is there any "uninstalling" going on !?!?

I guess if a Python is going to kill it's prey,
it needs to confuse it first...

Like I said, I think I'll stick with the old version of chirp,
if what I've done here hasn't totally FUBAR'd that up...

=============
Successfully uninstalled future-0.18.2
ERROR: pip's dependency resolver does not currently take into account all the packages that are installed. This behaviour is the source of the following dependency conflicts.
launchpadlib 1.10.13 requires testresources, which is not installed.
Successfully installed certifi-2023.11.17 charset-normalizer-3.3.2 chirp-20231129 future-0.18.3 idna-3.6 importlib-resources-6.1.1 pyserial-3.5 requests-2.31.0 six-1.16.0 urllib3-2.1.0 yattag-1.15.2 zipp-3.17.0
WARNING: Running pip as the 'root' user can result in broken permissions and conflicting behaviour with the system package manager. It is recommended to use a virtual environment instead: https://pip.pypa.io/warnings/venv
WARNING: You are using pip version 21.3.1; however, version 23.3.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the '/usr/bin/python3.9 -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

--

73 4 Now,
Bruce