[chirp_users] Uv82hp

charlesdland
Wed May 31 10:54:34 PDT 2023

There is a reset procedure on youtube. Press "A' xmit, monitor andsomething else and power on. This is for newer radios to go out of band. Did help my problem.
-------- Original message --------From: Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> Date: 5/31/23  10:20 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Uv82hp On Wed, May 31, 2023 at 11:01 AM K0LNY <glenn at ervin.email> wrote:>> I wonder if there is a key sequence for a full reset.> Like hold down some specific buttons while powering it on.> GlennThe UV-82HP has something like three different memory layouts. Theyare not compatible. So uploading a CHIRP Radio Images (*.img) filefrom a different radio using an older version of CHIRP that didn'tprotect for this could cause unwanted side effects. Some have beenknown to be; 1 the radio won't scan, 2 the radio won't receive unlessthe [MONI] button is pressed, 3 the radio won't TX.If this is the case, which I am waiting for a reply to find out, thenthere is a special method that can perform a full upload of a"compatible" image to correct the problem that was created bypreviously uploading an "incompatible" image.CHIRP now tries to protect from this but there is nothing preventingBaofeng from changing the memory layout in another place in thefuture. This is why I no longer recommend swapping images betweenBaofeng radios (even if the model and firmware versions are the same).The only safe way is to download from both radios to open a tab foreach radios. Copy-and-paste the channels between tabs as needed andfinally upload each tab back to the radio that created it.Jim KC9HI_______________________________________________chirp_users mailing listchirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.comhttp://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_usersThis message was sent to Charles Land at charlesdland at gmail.comTo unsubscribe, send an email to chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.comTo report this email as off-topic, please email chirp_users-owner at intrepid.danplanet.comSearchable archive: https://www.mail-archive.com/chirp_users@intrepid.danplanet.com