[chirp_users] Quansheng walkie talkie software

Jim Unroe
Tue May 23 04:42:55 PDT 2023

Hi Nina,

On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 11:29 PM Nina Wu <qsradio at qsfj.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> We see our Quansheng TG-UV2 plus software on your website, now we would like to supply our UV-K5 walkie talkie software to your website, How can we do it?
> Can you help us with it?
>

> Best Regards
> Nina Wu

It was discovered that the manufacturer of the UV-K5 style radios had
encrypted/obfuscated the cloning process using methods that
suspiciously look like it was meant to prevent others from developing
programming software for them. These methods have been successfully
reverse engineered and overcome. Development is currently active and
now moving forward. See issue #10478.

https://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/10478