[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R+PLUS use BF-F8HP when connecting CHIRP... why?

Jim Clark
Mon May 15 11:20:39 PDT 2023

Greetings,

To my knowledge, the Baofeng UV-5R+PLUS is just a UV-5R with a metal plate
holding the display on instead of the ultrasonically welded plastic piece.

For the UV-5R+PLUS I saw that the main page of CHIRP recommends the use of
Baofeng BF-F8HP which I noticed includes hi-med-lo power settings instead
of hi-lo on the UV-5R+PLUS.

I previously used UV-5R just fine and wonder why you don't recommend it
instead?

Or should your description on the main page say UV-5R+PLUS. Am I just
misinterpreting your annotation of my radio should be UV-5R++?

Jim