[chirp_users] ERROR: Failed to clone: Radio did not respond

Jim Unroe
Mon May 1 17:33:53 PDT 2023

On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 8:21 PM John Groombridge <johngxnz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a Baofeng DR1801
> Using Chirp on Windows I can read/write to the radio

A permissions error would likely result in an "access denied" error.
So I doubt it is a permissions issue.

What you say doesn't sound right. The DR1801 (I assume you meant
DM1801) is not listed as a supported radio model. The main reason it
would not be CHIRP supported is because it is a DMR radio. I am not
aware of CHIRP supporting any DMR radios. So I find it hard to believe
that you were able to read/write to it with CHIRP as you mentioned
above.