[chirp_users] Support of radio

Jeffrey Vian
Fri Mar 10 13:39:05 PST 2023

I have a new baofeng that was just given to me.
The radio is UV-82L and was purchased by my ARC 2 or 3 years ago and
programmed using chirp at that time.

I wanted to update the programming but have  not been able to do so with
either chirp-next or the legacy chirp that is on the download site.

The individual that originally programmed it does not remember which type
of radio he used for the original programming.

So far I have tried every supported baofeng model and the radioddity models
as well but none are able to download the existing programming so it could
be modified and updated.

Does anyone have a clue if chirp is even able to communicate with this
radio today? and if so then what brand/model should be used to do so?  The
club still has several of these that are used as door prizes and for club
use.

Jeff
KI7GJG