[chirp_users] Need Help with Yaesu VX-3 and CHIRP

Dan Smith
Fri Mar 3 11:56:12 PST 2023

> Strange, I don't remember needing to do that for my FT-65.  I did have a Yaesu cable for it and am using Ubuntu so no driver silliness.

The FT-4 derived radios (of which the FT-65 is) may be different in this regard, as they are very different than typical Yaesus in general (and I think based on the same stuff a Baofeng is?). From the instructions in that driver, I'd guess so, and it's the only exception I know of. I can certainly confirm that the VX-3 is a typical Yaesu, requiring the dance.

--Dan