[chirp_users] Need Help with Yaesu VX-3 and CHIRP

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Fri Mar 3 11:35:06 PST 2023

Probably not the correct device driver for your cable or the wrong com port (assuming you're using Windows... you didn't say)

> On 03/03/2023 14:07 EST Jim Overstreet <wdxp at cox.net> wrote:
>

> I have tried everything in the instructions and cannot get
> Chirp to communicate with the radio. As per the instructions, you
> turn the radio off, connect the USB cable, then turn on the radio while
> holding down the F/W key which puts the radio in CLONE mode which
> shows on the display. Then, you hit the band key and it tries to communicate
> with the radio. At first, it looks like it will work but after about 20 seconds
> ERROR appears in the display. I followed the instructions just as shown
> when you start the process, but always get the ERROR message. Just
> wondering if anyone has had success with the VX-3? WHat am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim, WA5DXP
>

> _______________________________________________ chirp_users mailing list chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users This message was sent to Nigel Gunn, W8IFF at nigel at ngunn.net To unsubscribe, send an email to chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com To report this email as off-topic, please email chirp_users-owner at intrepid.danplanet.com Searchable archive: https://www.mail-archive.com/chirp_users@intrepid.danplanet.com

Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions tel +1-937-971-0366
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net