[chirp_users] Should I file a bug report - can't program a frequency in chirp that I can from keypad

Doug Scoda
Sun Jan 29 10:34:42 PST 2023

Please advise if this is an easy fix and I will generate a bug report.

I am able to program into the IC-80AD (ID-80H) FM broadcast band
frequencies such as 97.1. I can do so from the keypad or the Icom software.
After a successful download and a test, the radio scans and receives the
monitoring frequencies as expected.

When I download the clone into Chirp, on the entries for the FM stations
are errored out in RED in the memory number column. On right clicking and
checking properties of the memory entry, I get the following text message
box:

`?2' is not in valid list: ['WFM', 'FM', 'NFM', 'AM', 'NAM', 'DV', 'USB',
'LSB', 'CW', 'RTTY', 'DIG', 'PKT', 'NCW', 'NCWR', 'CWR', 'P25', 'Auto',
'RTTYR', 'FSK', 'FSKR', 'DMR', 'DN', 'FSK-R', 'CW-R', 'Data+LSB',
'Data+USB', 'Data+FM', 'USER-L', 'USER-U', 'LSB+CW', 'USB+CW', 'RTTY-L',
'RTTY-U', 'N/A']

If I try to program via chirp 97.1 FM into a memory I get the following
error even though it is in the valid frequency range of the receiver.

Invalid edit: Frequency 97.100000 is out of supported range

I get the same error when programming CB frequencies with chirp even though
the radio is capable of monitoring that AM band.