[chirp_users] chirp-next Repeater Book options

Dan Smith
Sat Jan 7 11:37:35 PST 2023

> My apologies, I actually meant to say RepeaterBook.   Not sure what sort of brain dyslexia cause me to mixed the two up.
> But I guess this filter is a new feature added in the newer build .  Prior which I think only had a latitude and longitude boxes.
> The new filters are pretty nice, and indeed much better as a zip codes filter does not necessarily fine tune the search results as good.

Yep, I added the search filter after the previous discussion here. Glad it's working for you :)

> However, I do notice another useful filter that might be useful. Band filter?
> But instead of a drop down menu, perhaps  it could come in a form of checkbox so that one can select just 2m and 70cm or whatever band combination to be included?
> Persistence state that it would remember the next time use it, and an all / none button? Maybe not really need it , as realistically there really aren’t that many bands be a chore to select.

Yeah, I've thought about this, but the bands differ across the globe. Listing them all would be a chore, selecting more than one makes the interface complex and larger. I haven't moved on anything for this yet just because I can't think of the best way to represent it.

Out of curiosity, and I know this sounds strange, but.. why do you want to filter that way? I say that because I never just query a source and then dump all the results into my radio - I pick the one I'm looking for, or the ones in the area where I'm going. Also, almost everything in my area is 2m/70cm, so filtering out all but those would not change the list a whole lot. I guess maybe if you're looking for only 2m repeaters you might not want to see all the 70cm ones?

Anyway, please do open a feature request and I'll do some more thinking. If other people have thoughts on this, let me know.

--Dan