[chirp_users] still can't run chirp from command line

K0LNY_Glenn
Thu Jan 5 19:08:28 PST 2023

Hi Guy,
Did you do the full install?
I made the mistake of trying the daily build without first actually
installing Chirp.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think these daily things are not a full install.
After all that, I did the full install, then the daily build, and the chirpw
file ran, but I didn't use flatpak.
And flatpak does not work with a screenreader, at least where I've tried it,
so I just uninstalled my failed attempts.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Schlosser" <guyster at bex.net>
To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>; "David
Boucha" <boucha at gmail.com>; "Dan Smith" <dsmith at danplanet.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2023 8:24 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] still can't run chirp from command line

Hi there. I pulled the latest build from git this evening, and I still
cannot run chirp from /usr/local/bin. Can someone please let me know
what I may be doing wrong? Below is a screenshot from my last attempt.
Thanks much, and looking forward to testing further developments.

Guy Ke8Jyp

Searching for pyserial==3.5
Best match: pyserial 3.5
Adding pyserial 3.5 to easy-install.pth file
Installing pyserial-miniterm script to /usr/local/bin
Installing pyserial-ports script to /usr/local/bin

Using /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages
Searching for future==0.18.2
Best match: future 0.18.2
Adding future 0.18.2 to easy-install.pth file
Installing futurize script to /usr/local/bin
Installing pasteurize script to /usr/local/bin

Using /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages
Finished processing dependencies for chirp===py3dev
guyster at guyster-desktop:~/chirp$ cd /usr/local/bin
guyster at guyster-desktop:/usr/local/bin$ ./chirp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/./chirp", line 33, in <module>
  sys.exit(load_entry_point('chirp===py3dev', 'console_scripts',
'chirp')())
  File "/usr/local/bin/./chirp", line 25, in importlib_load_entry_point
  return next(matches).load()
StopIteration
guyster at guyster-desktop:/usr/local/bin$