[chirp_users] New chirp-next build

Dan Smith
Mon Jan 2 11:15:51 PST 2023

Hi John,

> I put this reference together over the weekend.
> I can enhance it if you think necessary.
> https://www.miklor.com/CHIRP/

Thanks for doing this, it looks great to me!

On the desktop shortcut note - is the installer not putting an icon in the start menu (or whatever you call it on windows these days)? Or are you just suggesting that for people that want it on the desktop too?

I thought common practice on windows (installers) was not to clutter up the desktop with launcher icons. I could look into making the installer optionally do this if you ask for it, but probably better after we take care of more of the urgent items.

Thanks!

--Dan