[chirp_users] The meaning of CHIRP...

Rich NE1EE
Fri Feb 17 06:24:24 PST 2023

On 2023-02-17 08:36:-0500, you wrote:
>> Â  There is an excellent open source program called CHIRP which stands
>> for CHInese Radio Project."
>
>Which has no basis in fact. The oldest CHIRP build  <snip>
>
>Jim KC9HI

I have often wondered about the name. I sent a message to that web page developer. I appreciate Jim being able to post. I am still left wondering why it was named that...I continue to hope that someone will step up with real history, as trivial as this subject is...if Jim's stuff goes back to 2008, it is not likely that we will find the original reason for the name, unless some original developers are lurking about.

~R~
72/73 de Rich NE1EE
The Dusty Key
On the banks of the Piscataqua