[chirp_users] is chirp_next recommended for production use?

Dan
Sat Aug 26 07:29:51 PDT 2023

> Not important, but I wonder if next going to remain "next" indefinitely.
> It sort of implies "this is a beta towards a future release”.

Originally I said the plan would be to start calling it daily again, but I think it’s probably best to just drop the -next from it and just call it “chirp”. The rough plan is to do that at the end of this year.

I’m surprised you’re still able to build and distribute the components required for the legacy version, since they’re all long out of support on every other distribution. Thus if I were you I’d just call the package of the new stuff “chirp”.

—Dan