[chirp_users] is chirp_next recommended for production use?

Greg Troxel
Fri Aug 25 17:36:13 PDT 2023

I know this project doesn't believe in releases, but pkgsrc currently
provides a package with a date as the version.  Because chirp-next is
labeled next, we are still providing the old codebase, which has not
seen an update in a long time.

Should we consider the latest chirp-next to be the releaes of record and
provide it to users, vs the latest chirp-daily?

In other words, should a random user who is not paying attention be
handed the old chirp-daily (currently 20221217), or yesterday's
chirp-next?  Which of these is in this not-paying-attention-user's
interest, this week?   (If it's one now and in the future will be
different, that's ok.)

73 de n1dam