[chirp_users] ICOM 7100 programming

Martin Cooper
Mon Aug 21 13:41:36 PDT 2023

I don't have an IC-7100, but I do have an IC-910, which uses the same
driver. One thing to be aware of is that you should not touch the
radio until you are done with all the programming you expect to do in
a session. For example, don't edit one memory, and then turn knobs or
press buttons on the radio to check that it worked, and then try to
edit another memory. The reason is that changing anything on the radio
can cause events to be sent out on the CI-V bus, and those events can
confuse the synchronisation with Chirp. This generally happens when
the radio has the "CI-V Transceive" option turned on, so it's a good
idea to turn that off. Also, if you have multiple Icom radios
connected to the same CI-V bus (e.g. using a CT-17), it's a good idea
to turn the other radios off while you program the IC-7100.

Martin.
KD6YAM