[chirp_users] FTM-3100R

Andy Zaayenga
Wed Aug 9 12:04:48 PDT 2023

Just a follow-up, for future reference, at least until CHIRP fully supports
the Yaesu FTM-3100R -

I received this reply WRT third-party cables from RTSystems:
“Our software does not require our cable for communications. However, we can
only guarantee success using our cable, but many of our customers have had
success using cables other than our own.”
Interesting because their web page
https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/Cables_c_28.html says "RT Systems software is
designed to work only with the RT Systems USB programming cables."
Seems duplicitous - if they said "only guaranteed to work with" or
"optimally work with" or some such I would be happier. They make it sound
like their software excludes using ANY third-party cable.

Last night I found Bob Freeth’s site,
https://www.radioetcetera.site/g4hfq/index.html, where he has his “FTB3100
memory management for the FTM-3100” program. I installed it, and along with
the BlueMax49ers cable, it works perfectly! Bob is no longer maintaining the
programs since 2020 but provides his archived software free of charge. I
sent him a thank you note and he replied immediately - what a nice guy.

73
Andy Zaayenga
KD2SME