[chirp_users] FTM-3100R

Andy Zaayenga
Mon Aug 7 11:11:17 PDT 2023

Thanks Peter. None of the locations are marked Skip. For reference, I've
attached the img file, renamed to a bak extension so the servers don't block
it.

The Skip field only accepts S (Skip) or blank, there is no dropdown for
Priority. The manual references that there is only one Priority channel,
kept in memory location 0. No memory location 0 shows in the CHIRP file.

73

Andy

From: peter.fontneau at icloud.com <peter.fontneau at icloud.com>
Sent: Monday, August 7, 2023 12:58 PM
To: Andy Zaayenga <andy at zaayenga.net>; chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] FTM-3100R

Check to see if you have something entered in the Skip column of Chirp.

 https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MemoryEditorColumns

Skip

The scan skip mode for the channel. The values and their meanings are:

*	S: Skip this channel during scan
*	P: This channel is a priority

On Aug 6, 2023, at 9:40 PM, Andy Zaayenga via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
<mailto:chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> > wrote:

Hi folks,

I've got a new-to-me Yaesu FTM-3100R. Picked up a cable from BlueMax49ers to
run with CHIRP.  I downloaded the radio using the FTM-3200D R template as
per the CHIRP home page. Downloading and uploading works fine.

I copied and pasted from my Yaesu FT-60R img 63 of the frequencies I monitor
that are covered by the FTM-3100R. Uploading those to the radio works fine
and downloading shows them all in memory.

However, I notice that when I scan all 63 frequencies the radio only scans
the first 14. The display just stops on the 14th location while the numbers
under MR keep counting up to 63. Then it cycles back to location 1.  I have
the radios side by side and the FT-60R scans all the locations while the
FTM-3100R only the first 14.

The specs say the radio has 199 memory locations which is consistent with
the CHIRP img
* 199 "basic" memory channels, numbered "1" through "199".

But the CHIRP image doesn't show the home channel or any of the L or U
locations.
* A "Home" channel, providing storage and quick recall of one prime
frequency.
* 10 sets of band-edge memories, also known as "Programmable Memory Scan"
channels, labeled "L0/U0" through "L9/U9".

Does anyone out there have an FTM-3100R and can let me know if I'm doing
something wrong? I'm wondering if there's some issue with the FTM-3200D R
template WRT the FTM-3100R.

Thanks from a first-time poster!

73
Andy Zaayenga