[chirp_users] New Daily Build

donotreply at chirp.danplanet.com
Wed Nov 23 07:06:19 PST 2022

Greetings,

A new daily build of CHIRP is available.  This includes changes made
directly to the tree yesterday, and may include additional features,
bug fixes, and/or bugs.  If you are interested in trying it, grab it
from the following location:

  http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20221123

A list of the changes included in this build (since the last daily)
follows:

Changes for Build #715
[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Fix ICF line ending encoding on windows

Apparently python2 is converting CRLF to CRCRLF on windows only.
This won't work for python3, but we need to open the file as 'wb'
in order to have control.

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Add a model alias map to the tree

This is sort of a decoder ring for the massive number of straight
rebrands that exist out there. We can use this to generate the
SupportedRadios list on the web site and potentially add something to
chirp itself to help users find the right model.

Some of the aliases from the web site also pointed at non-existent
models. Those lines are in the data file, but commented out until
we know what to do with them.

Note that the test added here uncovered a number of situations where
we have subclassed radios with aliases, making the subclasses inherit
the aliases, unintentionally. This also fixes those, and will prevent
that from happening in the future.

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Unify the id5100, id31, id51, etc call decoding

Some Icom radios do some weird packing of 7-bit characters into bytes
to save a few bits. I implemented a more generic handling of this
for the id5100. This makes the others use it as well.

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Remove last use of IcomRawCloneModeRadio

The 2730 was using this, and this converts it to use the same base
class as the rest of the drivers, with the proper feature flags.

Changes for Build #716
No changes

Changes for Build #717
No changes