[chirp_users] flatpak and modern linux

Cinaed Simson
Fri May 27 13:51:06 PDT 2022

Hi Jim - I was using maximum version of python3 as a rough indication of
when the move to eliminate the use of python2 started - in general.

My system has python 3.9 too.

It also has python2 but Debian has stopped shipping libraries supporting
python2 - hence the problem.

I did test flakpak on my odroid running Debian 9 (which still has
support for python2) and discovered the chirp flatpak package only
supports X86.

Also, flakpak has to many dependencies for me.

But if my odroid dies it's nice to know I have a potential back up.

-- CInaed