[chirp_users] BF-F8+ , how to program

Kenneth G. Gordon
Sat May 21 17:48:08 PDT 2022

On 21 May 2022 at 15:39, Ken Hansen wrote:

> Always use the most current version, support for radios is never
> dropped, so there's no reason to run an old version.
>
> Ken, N2VIP
>
> > On May 21, 2022, at 15:11, Kenneth G. Gordon <kgordon2006 at frontier.com> wrote:
> >
> > A friend just bought a new Baofeng BA-F8+ and is having considerable trouble programming
> > it.
> >
> > Is there a specific version of Chirp which will do the trick?
> >
> > Ken W7EKB

I guess I didn't make myself very clear. Sorry about that.

What I meant was that when programming this BF-F8+, I had trouble picking out the correct
radio-type to program it.

I finally tried, from my OWN computer, not his, the choice, BF-F8HP.

It took several tries to get the program to "stick", but I finally succeeded.

I AM using the latest version of chirp, btw.

Thanks,

Ken W7EKB