[chirp_users] Add-on Modules/Scripts for Chirp ?

KB6LWN - Bruce
Tue May 17 05:17:31 PDT 2022

Hello Group,

Just received delivery of a new-old Uniden BC-780XLT
Trunk Tracker III Scanner, and I'd like to be able to
program it with my PC (Linux Mint Desktop), and I'm
wondering if there is a 'module' available for Chirp
that will allow me to do this.
Just updated to the latest FlatPak.  (Linux Mint 20.4)

Since I use Linux - I don't have access to run the MS-
Windows version of the software specifically written
for this receiver.   Which reminds me 'rigctl' seems to
read the receiver and I have gotten a list of the cmd-
capabilities using that tool, if that is needed...

If there is not a module specifically FOR this receiver,
perhaps I could get a copy of a module for another unit
that I might be able to modify for my use.
Anything is better than going back to Windows, or trying
to get Wine to work under Linux...
A Linux native (port) is really needed for scanner Ops...

At this point I use Chirp to program my various BTech,
Bao's, Leixen, and a couple more, and it makes the task
so much easier.   Hope to do the same with the scanner...