[chirp_users] devuan/debian flatpak install issue

Richard Shaw
Thu Mar 3 10:46:34 PST 2022

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 11:13 AM Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> OS: Devuan GNU/Linux 4 (chimaera) x86_64
>
> I'm running devuan, an offshoot of Debian.
>
> in attempting to install the latest flatpak and in the same directory,
> by using the following;
>
> sudo flatpak install chirp-daily-20220219.flatpak
> error: The application com.danplanet.chirp/x86_64/master requires the
> runtime org.freedesktop.Platform/x86_64/19.08 which was not found

This is an artifact of requiring Python 2, which is EOL. I think 19.08 is
the last platform providing it and it has been deprecated for some time.
It's apparently no longer available, but here may be a workaround.

https://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/9739

Thanks,
Richard