[chirp_users] Using chirp with ubuntu 22.04

Guy Schlosser
Thu Jun 2 13:27:48 PDT 2022

As promised, I booted up my mac air that has Ubuntu-mate 21.10, the
version before the current release (22.04). I have the same trouble.
Chirp on this machine is installed via apt (sudo apt-get install chirp).
If I run Chirp either by command line, or through Mate's accessories
menu, I can access the menu bar, the file open dialogue, and the
download dialogue, but no access to the memories tab, or settings tab
once I've opened an image from my Baofeng UV5R. When I open the image,
Orca says memories tab, but tab key and arrow keys yield silence. I'm
not sure what, but something is definitely broken in the Python 3
version of Chirp accessibility wise. Should we file a bug report against
Chirp, or Orca? Thanks for any input anyone has on this matter.

Guy