[chirp_users] RaspberryPI

K0LNY_Glenn
Tue Jul 26 08:42:19 PDT 2022

Hi Jim & All,
Maybe you or another Linux user can advise:
I followed the steps in the link, did the update, installed snap, rebooted,
and when I ran the sudo snap install core
part, the system could not find snap, like it is not installed.
I also tried the chirp part:
sudo snap install chirp-snap --edge
and I got the same, indicating it couldn't find a command snap.
So I did the install snap command again, and it came back with the date of
snap and stated it was already the latest version.
So the apt install says it's installed, but the snap program can't seem to
run.
I'm doing this over SSH.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Unroe" <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2022 6:58 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] RaspberryPI

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 11:40 PM K0LNY_Glenn <glenn at ervin.email> wrote:

> Hi,
> Can Chirp be installed on a RaspberryPI, and if so, is there a script
> available for installing the dependencies?
> Thanks.
>
> Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Yes. I have attached my notes that I used for installing the CHIRP
Snap application on my Raspberry Pi model 3B. These notes were derived
from the information on this page:
https://snapcraft.io/install/chirp-snap/raspbian

I just updated my RPi 3 to have the new build released today: CHIRP
daily-20220726.