[chirp_users] Programming A Baofeng For The ISS

Jim Unroe
Tue Jul 19 04:47:45 PDT 2022

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 1:03 AM K0LNY_Glenn <glenn at ervin.email> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am planning on putting in the voice downlink and uplink for the
> International Space Station into my Baofeng.
> The downlink is in the 7Cm band and the uplink is in the 2 M band.
> Typically in Chirp I enter a normal offset, plus or minus.
> How do I do this in Chirp to cover such a difference in frequency?
> . Downlink 437.800MHz FM; Doppler +-10KHz
> . Uplink 145.990MHz FM  with 67.0 Hz PL
>
> Thanks.
>
> Glenn

Hi Glenn,

For radios that support "split" (most Baofeng dual-band radios do),
what you do is set Duplex to "split" and then set Offset to the
absolute TX frequency. See the Offset field of the Understanding
CHIRP's Columns guide in the CHIRP documentation area.

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MemoryEditorColumns

Here is how it should look in the spreadsheet style Memory Editor.

Frequency: 437.800000
Tone Mode: Tone
Tone: 67.0
Duplex: split