[chirp_users] Windows 10 and 11 S Mode

Chuck Hast
Tue Jan 25 17:07:34 PST 2022

Ken, in this case I do not have a junk box, but there is
an IT recycler (actually several) in town and they all
have monitors and are more than glad to part with them
for a few $$. I think if people will look around they will
find that most cities of any size will have them and a
lot of computer shops end up with a collection of mon-
itors for the which they will gladly part for a few $$.

Even in more rural areas, I am going to bet that more
than one shop has monitors that they would like to be
rid of, they work but perhaps are not the best for the
usual video but for a Chirp/ RPi setup they would
work great.

I see the IT recyclers here send them to grind up, so
many monitors and so little space.  If they get a few
$$ for them that is more than they get when they are
sent to the grinder.

When I talk about scrounging, it is not necessarily in
my junk box, if people will look a wee bit they will find
that there are a lot of ways to keep costs down. Most
TV's have HDMI inputs now and for Chirp they work
pretty well, even small ones.

Chuck -- KP4DJT
HamHotline # 11259