[chirp_users] Windows 10 and 11 S Mode

Ken Hansen
Tue Jan 25 12:41:33 PST 2022

Chuck,

My $100 number started with an RPi 400, not a 'traditional' RPI.

RPi 400 - $70
Mouse - $7
Power adapter - $7
HDMI cable -$7 (microHDMI to standard HDBI)
Name-brand MicroSD card - $7

That gives you $98 plus monitor, or simply get the RPi 400 'complete kit' for $100 and get a nice book also.

Substitute a 2 Gig RPi 4 (assuming you can find one):

RPi - $45
Case for RPi 4 - $5
Keyboard - $20 (I too like Logitech K400)
Power adapter - $7
HDMI cable -$7 (microHDMI to standard HDBI)
Name-brand MicroSD card - $7

That gets you to $91 plus monitor.

Either path takes you close to $100, esp once you add in tax, s/h, etc.

It's nice that you have a junk box that has all the needed items so you can 'scrounge' them, but it's disingenuous to assume everyone else has a similar junk box.

Ken, N2VIP