[chirp_users] unlocked GT5R transmission frequency issue

Jim Unroe
Sun Feb 20 11:19:22 PST 2022

Hi frrobert,

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 2:01 PM <frrobert at frrobert.com> wrote:

> **** The issue I am having is of my own making and it is not a problem
> with Chirp****
> I did not submit a bug report because I am using the radio in
> unsupported way.
>
> I have an unlocked GT5R.  Everything in Chirp works great except
> transmission frequency.
>
> If I upload channels from my computer to the GT5R everything looks fine
> and it receives fine but every channel when I go to transmit has a
> frequency of 666.666 and the radio freezes.  Once I turn it off and back
> on it is not frozen.
>
> The work around I found is to program each channel through the keypad
> with the appropriate transmission frequency after I do the upload from
> Chirp.  It takes time but then the radio will transmit fine then .
>
> Does anyone know of an easier workaround?
>
> FYI I am using a week old daily build on Ubuntu 20.04.
>
> Thanks

Send a CHIRP image with a "bad" channel and another image with a
"good" channel (or an image with both) to me via email and I will take
a look at them. Be sure to mention which channel(s) is(are) bad and
which channel(s) are good.