[chirp_users] unlocked GT5R transmission frequency issue

frrobert at frrobert.com
Sun Feb 20 10:30:47 PST 2022

**** The issue I am having is of my own making and it is not a problem
with Chirp****
I did not submit a bug report because I am using the radio in
unsupported way.

I have an unlocked GT5R.  Everything in Chirp works great except
transmission frequency.

If I upload channels from my computer to the GT5R everything looks fine
and it receives fine but every channel when I go to transmit has a
frequency of 666.666 and the radio freezes.  Once I turn it off and back
on it is not frozen.

The work around I found is to program each channel through the keypad
with the appropriate transmission frequency after I do the upload from
Chirp.  It takes time but then the radio will transmit fine then .

Does anyone know of an easier workaround?

FYI I am using a week old daily build on Ubuntu 20.04.

Thanks