[chirp_users] Kenwood TH-F6a Problems

K0LNY_Glenn
Wed Aug 10 10:15:19 PDT 2022

I guess I would also ask,
If someone has the same radio and if the CSV file I'm using will work on
your radio, that is, will anyone here load my CSV and see if it works.
That would tell me if it is my radio or the CSV file.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
From: "K0LNY_Glenn" <glenn at ervin.email>
To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 9:33 AM
Subject: [chirp_users] Kenwood TH-F6a Problems

Hi All,
I am sure that there are some owners of this radio here, and I'm having
trouble with mine, and hope someone can help.
I have a CSV file that finally imports to the radio without errors.
I have some HF frequencies written into the CSV for RX purposes, but I have
done that before without a problem.
There are 300 entries in the CSV file.
When I load it up, many of them don't work, and the lower numbered ones that
should TX only beep when I try to TX.
The radio is supposed to beep in channel mode when I pass zero on the tuning
knob, but after uploading my CSV and pressing C, the knob seems to go
through some channels, but none that work.
I have to put it into PC mode in order to connect to Chirp.
Is it okay to leave menu #9 in PC mode?
I am asking instead of just trying it because I can't see the display, so I
need a reader for this level of menu changes.
Some things I can count the turns, but #9 involves multiple choices.
Or can anyone think of another thing that would cause this strangeness?
Due to Chirp's lack of accessibility in Windows, and now in Linux, I can
only do the basics with Chirp, so I cannot access radio settings in Chirp
with a screenreader.

Thanks for any help.
Glenn