[chirp_users] Kenwood TH-F6a Problems

K0LNY_Glenn
Wed Aug 10 07:33:23 PDT 2022

Hi All,
I am sure that there are some owners of this radio here, and I'm having
trouble with mine, and hope someone can help.
I have a CSV file that finally imports to the radio without errors.
I have some HF frequencies written into the CSV for RX purposes, but I have
done that before without a problem.
There are 300 entries in the CSV file.
When I load it up, many of them don't work, and the lower numbered ones that
should TX only beep when I try to TX.
The radio is supposed to beep in channel mode when I pass zero on the tuning
knob, but after uploading my CSV and pressing C, the knob seems to go
through some channels, but none that work.
I have to put it into PC mode in order to connect to Chirp.
Is it okay to leave menu #9 in PC mode?
I am asking instead of just trying it because I can't see the display, so I
need a reader for this level of menu changes.
Some things I can count the turns, but #9 involves multiple choices.
Or can anyone think of another thing that would cause this strangeness?
Due to Chirp's lack of accessibility in Windows, and now in Linux, I can
only do the basics with Chirp, so I cannot access radio settings in Chirp
with a screenreader.

Thanks for any help.
Glenn