[chirp_users] Setting up baofeng-uv5f with chirp

anthony farley
Wed Apr 20 10:41:39 PDT 2022

Hello, so me and my neighbor just got the 2 way baofeng-uv5F radios and we
got it to where we can call eachother on a specified channel he preset but
i would like to add police frequencies as well. I got the cord, disc
program for chirp and have the gist of it down 'i think' lol. Is there
anyway i can make a csv file from the frquencies channels i find on the
website? Or should i import or query from data source of repeaterbook and
is politcial or proximity search better for finding all the channels?

Also what settings do i need to set my radio to for picking up frequencies?
Theres just so many options for each channel/ frequency i pick im just not
sure what to do or if theres an easier way to import a csv file of all the
frequencies/channels from that site to something like excel and
transferring it to chirp? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in
advance!
Anthony