[chirp_users] Wouxun UV9D MATE transmit range

chris at imagineimagery.com
Wed Sep 1 04:42:16 PDT 2021

Hello, thanks in advance for any help you may offer. As a member of my county search & rescue team, I have always used CHIRP to program my handhelds to be able to communicate on our county SAR channels, in the 155 range. With my old Wouxun KG-UV8D, there was an area in the CHIRP settings tab to expand the transmit range into these frequencies… I just upgraded to the KG-UV9D MATE. Although not listed in the official supported radios list for CHIRP, the radio does connect and is programmable as a KG-UV9D PLUS. Understandable as they are practically the same radio.

However, the same “transmit range” field that is available in CHIRP settings when I connect to my UV8D isn’t available on the 9D. Is this something that might become available in an update, or is there a workaround? TIA

Chris Miller