[chirp_users] Uv5r’s went tx after chirp config

Galen Thurber
Thu Oct 14 04:18:35 PDT 2021

download from radio to computer
under chirp go to settings
other settings
firmware
save the chirp file as that firmware version

do that with all your radios
there are many subversions of UV5Rs
you cant copy between differing firmware versions
but you can
copy the channel/slot list from one to another

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 2:09 AM Ken Hansen <ken at n2vip.org> wrote:

> Just to clarify, you are 'cloning' by writing an 'image' or settings file
> to the radios from CHIRP, correct? I ask because sometimes people mean
> cloning from radio-to-radio using a specific cloning cable.
>
> How much time has elapsed between radio purchases? What are the firmware
> levels of the radios? What is the range of frequencies you are using (ham,
> GMRS/FRS, other)? One of these answers may provide the answer.
>
> Ken, N2VIP
>
> > On Oct 13, 2021, at 20:58, brandon barry <cr4c987 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have 3 uv5r radios Ive configured the way I’d like them, and ordered
> 4 more to do the same. The original 3 are in perfect Working order. When
> ever I try to clone the new 4 they do nothing when I try to transmit . The
> channels all take after cloning but I can’t use the radio. Function
> restores after a factory reset. Radios were purchased from the same vendor,
> and  my new cable was purchased from the same vendor as well . first one
> was flawless but misplaced. Any ideas?
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone

Hi I've been on-line since late 1992. I'm a: Skeptic, Secular Humanist,
Bright
R.I.P. Reject Identity Politics
My computer recommendations: MX Linux <https://mxlinux.org/i> operating
system, Passwordsafe <https://www.pwsafe.org/>, Pidgin Internet Messenger,
tor anonymous browsing bundle.
ALERTS: Fact or fiction <http://snopes.com>? SCAM <http://quackwatch.com>
Supplements Complimentary Alternative Medicine
These companies have unjustly life-banned me: Eastlink, Facebook,Yahoo!,
Microsoft
Chat XMPP: galen at jabber.at