[chirp_users] Fwd: chirp_users Digest, Vol 149, Issue 15

Jim Unroe
Mon May 31 16:42:44 PDT 2021

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 3:45 PM Steve Horning <n0xvz.1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting.  My the programming in CHIRP for my UV-5R stores/saves the
> offsets, but CHIRP is not "doing the math" or storing/saving the offsets
> with the GT-5R.

It does not. There is no structure setup in a memory to store such
information. Only the RX frequency and TX frequency are there (along
with the other per-channel settings).

>  From what I'm seeing, it's on the software side, not the radio side.
> After downloading the GT-5R's memory after a complete reset, I enter
> programming info for the radio, save it, close and reopen the file, and
> the offset field is set to "off".

Because the OFFSET menu does not function in MR mode. There is no
offset in the memory to display. It is the way these radios are
designed to work.

You do see a "+-" indication in the upper status display area, right?