[chirp_users] Chirp, Mac, and Yaesu Ft-60R

Frank Kohn
Sun May 30 14:08:53 PDT 2021

Hi,
I am having a difficult time setting up Chirp to work with my FT-60R.  I am
running an older Macbook pro with OS X High Sierra 10.13.6.  I have two
USB/FTDI cables, one by Valley Enterprises and one by Maxtop.

It worked before, but after updating to Chirp Daily-20210520, I get error
codes.  I checked for the installed driver in Terminal and have ( 170    0
0xffffff7f833ed000 0x7000     0x7000     com.FTDI.driver.FTDIUSBSerialDriver
(2.4.4) B137605C-32D8-3E81-89B6-E1F8039FC427).   However, this driver does
not show up in Chirp.  I only see: /dev/cu./usbserial-AL0657ZO and another
for Bluetooth.

I was able to load an old Chirp image, but it was difficult to arrange and
reorder repeaters imported from Repeaterbook.  Chirp stalled, and, when I
checked my Mac, it indicated the software wasn't responding.

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.  After programming the
FT-60R, I would also like to use Chirp to program my Yaesu FT-857D.

73,
Frank Kohn
W3MHP