[chirp_users] No tty/USBx showing in dropdown list.

Chuck Hast
Mon May 10 11:34:20 PDT 2021

You know what? When I have a port issue like this I go into
/dev/ and execute an ls, look at what is in there under the TTY's
then I plug the USB device in and execute a ls and compare
the two screens, the critter I am looking for always appears
under some form. It has never failed for me.
(For Windows folks this is for Linux) I would try that and see
what appears then try to see if Chirp is seeing it, I have never
had it fail to do so.

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 12:37 PM Roger M0ROJ <m0roj at goldford.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks again, Nigel.
> I’ve spent too much time on this already and have decided to go with RT
> Systems.
> Chirps documentation isn’t too thorough and so better suited to those with
> more time on their hands: “..... better at writing code and adding new
> features than writing documentation “
> Thanks again & 73.
>
> > On 10 May 2021, at 16:22, Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF <nigel at ngunn.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > I would guess that you're using a cable who's USB/SERIAL chip isn't
> recognised by Ubuntu. What chip is in the cable?
> >

> >> On 10/05/2021 10:54 Roger Reeves M0ROJ <m0roj at goldford.co.uk> wrote:
> >>

> >> Still having problems getting my Yaesu FTM-3207D to connect with
> CHIRP-daily, using Ubuntu Linux 20.04.
> >> The connection dialogue does not specifically show this radio, so I use
> the nearest selection FTM-3200D.
> >> Then when selecting the Port type and number, it only offers serial
> ports /dev/ttyS0 thru 31, and no USB ports.
> >> All thoughts and help greatly appreciated?
> >> Many thanks and 73,

> > Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions tel +1-937-971-0366
> > Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www
> http://www.ngunn.net

Chirp + Editcp + MD380Tools on Linux
Celestial!!!