[chirp_users] Icom IC-91A

Steve Walker
Fri Mar 19 08:16:40 PDT 2021

Hello,

Hope I am doing this correctly, I subscribed using my e-mail.
I have an Icom IC-91A that does not have the D-Star module in it.
Purchased the cable from Bluemax49ers indicated for this radio and can't
seem to get the radio and Chirp software to communicate. The cable driver
is installed and seems to be recognized by my computer and working
according to the device manager.

The cable has a 2.5mm plug that fits into the data port, there is a
different cable that has a 3.5mm plug that fits into the speaker port.

Do I have the wrong cable for a non-D-Star radio or am I missing something?

If anybody can shed a little light on this it would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve
WB5EJV